Holiday hosts, this one's for you: Ben and Jake have tips to tame the insanity of hosting any holiday gathering. If you're traveling this year, check out our bonus resource!
Set realistic expectations, and stick to them.
1. Clean where it shows. This is not the time to organize your closet. Hit the living/dining rooms and the guest bathroom. Recruit help from your family or pay for a one-time cleaning so you can concentrate on more important things.
2. Skip the good china and go paper!
1. You don't have to make everything from scratch. Did you know you can order an entire meal from a restaurant or grocery store? Or just pick up your favorite dip, side dishes, and pre-made pie crusts (or pre-made pies!) from the store. Consider delivery!
2. Let guests bring food and drinks.
Break Routine - Create Tradition
1. Set up a movie marathon for the kids in their own room.
2. Instead of cloth, cover the table with paper. After the meal, wrap it all up and be done with the dishes! While guests wait for seconds, they can write what they're thankful for, or have a drawing contest.
3. You don't have to do all the decorating yourself. Wait until family arrives, and decorate together. Stringing popcorn and cranberries is fun and encourages conversation.
4. Have a gingerbread house contest, or set up a giant cookie decorating factory.
Bonus: Download our free Travel Form
If you're traveling instead of hosting, keep your home safe while you're away. Download our travel form here.
As 2021 wraps up, we count our wonderful clients among our blessings, and wish you a peaceful, healthy, and blessed Christmas!
If you want more great tips for buying, selling, and owning your home,
subscribe to our free coaching videos! With the right real estate coach,
EVERYONE can be confident.